Want something that is not currently in our in-house inventory?
Tell us what you want and let us do the work - welcome to the marketplace.
Why is our inventory specialized?
Like many other sites, we have an in-house inventory with ready-to-acquire sales items for our customers. While there are 884,000 hockey cards in the marketplace, for example, we do not have them all in stock but know how important it is to know where to get them for you. Unlike our competitors, we focus on rookie, autographed cards in scarce numbers and on statistical leaders per franchise and per team ranking, in the marketplace, in the current year and all time.
What's in it for you?
We constantly work at identifying and listing the best cards in the hockey card industry (i.e. the best 1%) on this site because...
- Rookie & autographed cards typically increase their value first, foremost and frequently on a per player 'statistical performance' basis.
- We understand the true long-term value of sports memorabilia and believe in offering top products to our clients.
- We are passionate about simplifying product searches and helping our clients find what they want as quickly as possible and believe statistical performances and franchise leaders are the products most likely to increase over time in value making them better investments over time.
- We know that our in-depth statistical research makes our items valued targets for investors and collectors alike.
How do you get what you want?
There are two options how you can acquire products through our website:
- If there is a 'add to cart' button beside the pricing and picture of a product, we have it in house. You can easily acquire it by adding it to your shopping cart and completing the transaction through Paypal or with another payment option of your choice.
- If a product is listed, with picture of the product or not, but has no 'add to cart' attached to purchase it, we do not currently have it in house but will seek it out for you! In that case, please drop us a line by email or through our contact form and indicate what you are interested in. Each request is different and will be dealt with individually to accommodate your unique needs. You will be contacted by email about the delivery times, pricing and payment options for said products.
How do we acquire our products?
At Sports Stats Collectibles, we maintain an extended network of dealers and sellers to offer you the best and most valuable collectible items in the industry. As soon as you contact us about a non-listed product you wish to acquire, we do our best in getting you what you want as soon as possible. Although we cannot promise to find all products desired, we work hard at accomplishing your request once we have been contacted by you.
How prices of the marketplace are estimated
The prices indicated in 'marketplace' are a combination of Beckett Hockey guide prices, include the price of sales taxes and delivery costs associated with getting them to our clients and are the highest price a client will and should ever pay for the item desired. The indicated 'canadian dollar' prices take into account the fact that, unless indicated otherwise the products are in mint or excellent condition and as indicated in the Beckett guide at the beginning of the listings this encompasses a premium price of up to 3 times, for items from listed price for the 1930-1940 era items and up to 1.3 times of the indicated price for 1990 to present day items. The charts found in the section 'Memorabilia Value Estimation' found on this site gives any collector of such goods an indication of the generalized logic to costs associated with acquiring certain memoprabilia. Do not hesitate to check it out, especially if you are a new sports memorabilia collector or memorabilia investor.
Of note is the fact that items we have in our catalogue will more often than none be less than those same items listed in our 'marketplace' since obviously having it already in stock means less delivery costs to acquire them and less expected time for you, our client, to get them shipped to you. This is why the prices indicated differ from the price guide 'marketplace' and 'our catalogue'.
When it comes to what we care about, there is no limit to what we will do to obtain it. Anything is possible when both a seller and a buyer get their desires met in a commercial transaction. That is what our philosophy is as collectors ourselves. We look forward to doing business with you!